An easy, quick alternative to the regular pancake – chock full of nutrition with the use of Maine Grains Rolled Oats – not just for breakfast!
- In a food processor find the oats into a fine flour. Set aside. Grind the hazelnuts into a flour – leave in the processor.
- Add the oat flour back into the hazelnut flour along with the banana, salt, flax, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Puree till mixture is fully mixed.
- In a saute/fry pan on medium heat add enough oil to coat the bottom – but not pooling.
- Spoon pancake batter into pan and cook until bubbles form on top (I wait for a few to pop before flipping) flip and cook on the other side till brown.
- The oat pancakes will take a bit longer to cook than a traditional batter.
- Top with your toppings of choice when done.
Course: Breakfast, Main Dish, Side Dish, Snack