- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in center.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Put butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time, until well combined. Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour mixture all at once; mix until just combined.
- Add lemon zest, cranberries, and pistachios and mix until combined.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Pat into a log that is roughly 14 by 3 1/2 inches. Bake until firm, lightly browned, and slightly cracked on top, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer log to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake cookies, rotating sheet halfway through, until they begin to brown at edges, 15 to 18 minutes.
Adapted from Marthastewart.com’s recipe.