Adapted from a recipe by Joshua McFadden of Ava Gene’s
A no-yeast bread great for all toppings or break/cut apart for ‘chips’
- Whisk bkg. powder, sugar, 2 cups flour, 2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Add yogurt and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead till mostly smooth. Divide into 4 pieces, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes – which makes the dough easier to roll.
- Work one piece at a time, roll out dough in a 1/8″ thick round.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet – cast iron preferred. Working one at a time cook the rounds of dough till golden brown and begins to puff, flip and cook the other side – about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, and continue with rest of dough.
- Let cool slightly before adding your toppings – or not!
Course: Breakfast, Main Dish, Side Dish, Snack
Cuisine: You name it.
Adapted from Bon Appetit – original recipe: Falafel spiced tomatoes and chick peas on flatbread.