This is a traditional, seasonal dessert that is naturally GLUTEN FREE and sweetened by maple syrup. This recipe makes for a subtly sweet pie that tastes “just like the real thing.” It’s perfect to whip up if you have a gluten free guest coming by, and it doesn’t use any rare or obscure ingredients.
- In a bowl combine your crust ingredients. Mix till combined. Add water if needed for it to keep its shape
- Press the crust into a 9-10″ pie plate
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before use
When ready to assemble, preheat oven to 375°
- Combine pumpkin filling ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk or mix together until all combined.
- Feel free to add extra flavors or spices – brandy, cardamom, fresh ginger, etc.
- Pour into the chilled pie crust and bake for 45 – 60 minutes
- The middle will still look somewhat unset and moist but will set as it cools.
- Allow to cool, serve with whipped cream!
- A hint from Cat: she uses either olive oil or coconut oil cooking sprays to roll or press out dough, baking breads and pies and is a great sub for a flour surface for GF recipes and makes for easier pliability without drying the crust.