another decadent dessert from Mary M. to use up that leftover? Guinness!
Who doesn’t like chocolate cake? No Sirvinta – sub one of our other organic flours.
For the Cake
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat till melted. Stir in the Guinness, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, vanilla, buttermilk.
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve/sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar. Using a mixer or whisk slowly pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Whisk till just combined without over mixing.
- Transfer the mixture to the springform pan and bake for – approximately – 45 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean when done.
- Set aside to cool a bit before removing from tin then let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the icing:
- Blend all the ingredients using an electric or hand mixer till light and fluffy.
- When the cake is cooled generously spread the icing on top.
Course: Dessert or just about anytime you need a dose of chocolate!