Using a Dutch Oven – get creative if it’s this easy!
There are many No-Knead Bread recipes out there – this one was compiled from the best! Yield: 1 loaf
- In a large bowl combine: flour, yeast, salt and water to make a loose dough.
- Fold in any additions you’d like: herbs, chopped olives, seeds, nuts, etc.
- Prep a sheet of parchment paper with cornmeal. The parchment should be larger than the dough and long enough to be able to lift the dough and place into the Dutch oven – like a sling.
- Shape dough and place on the prepped, large sheet of parchment paper that has been sprinkled with the cornmeal.
- Rest 6-8 hours on the counter or a proofing board.
- Heat the Dutch oven (empty) and lid in the oven when dough is ready – just enough to warm the oven – about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough, using the sides of the parchment paper to lift it into the warmed pot.
- Put the lid on and let double on a trivet or other area not hurt by the heat of the Dutch oven.
- Top with add-ons if you like before putting the lid back on, kosher salt, seeds, nut, etc.
- After dough has doubled bake for about 30 minutes with the lid on.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes till loaf is browned.
- Remove Dutch oven from oven, turn bread out onto a rack or wood board and let cool before slicing and devouring.
Course: Breakfast, Main Dish, Side Dish, Snack