Classic waffles with a twist – who knew?! The original recipe has a ginger cream (!!) that I have omitted – but, hey, go for it! (link above)
- Sift the flours together with the baking powder, stir in the salt after sifting.
- Combine the brown sugar, milk, eggs and oil in a separate bowl, mix well.
- Stir wet into dry and combine well.
- When waffle iron reaches needed heat (make sure it is oiled – very lightly) add batter to iron – I’ve learned that less is better to start to know just how much your batter will expand.
- Top with toppings of choice and enjoy!
Course: Breakfast, Main Dish, Side Dish, Snack