A savory ‘pie’ for fillings of your choice
While Spelt Flour is pictured here – any of our Organic Flours will work in this recipe – try a combo of flour with a 1/4 cup of Corn Flour!
- For the dough: place the flour(s) in a mixer bowl and add the butter. Pulse till the mixture is like small peas adding the ice water till the dough just sticks together. Do not over mix.
- Shape dough into a flattened ball. Wrap in plastic and put in fridge for 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- When ready to assemble – preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- To make the roast squash – cube the squash (frozen chunks will work too!) toss with olive oil, chopped garlic and herbs. Salt and pepper the squash and roast for about 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Remove the dough and roll out to about 1/4 inch thick round-ish slab – place on the parchment lined baking sheets. Keep in the fridge till ready with filling.
- Mash the squash and add the ricotta or goat cheese.
- Spread this mixture onto the dough in the center leaving a 1″ border to fold over toward the center.
- Sprinkle the folded over edges of the crust with the Parmesan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes till the crust is crisp and lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly – slice and serve.
Course: Breakfast/Brunch, Main Dish, Side Dish, Snack