Breakfast sandwich, strawberry shortcake, dinner biscuit, butter and jam, cheese and antipasto – who doesn’t love a biscuit!?!
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar (if used)
- Cut butter into mixture to create pea sized mixture
- Pour cold discard into flour mixture and stir
- Drizzle in the milk kefir and create a ball, without overmixing
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Press down into a square, cut pieces and then stack onto each other, pressing back into a square to create layers – rough lamination
- Press it all back into a square and stamp the biscuits using a biscuit cutter
- Place the biscuits into the freezer for 15 minutes to chill the butter before baking
- Take out of the freezer, brush with milk kefir
- Bake 450 degree oven for 15 minutes or til golden
- Try and wait for them to cool a bit before eating!