Wonderful wholegrain biscuit/cookie for anytime. Makes a great gift item (the Miller’s Table makes them and packages them up as a great gift treat!)
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until coarsely ground. Add flours, sugar, salt, cinnamon and pulse to combine. *you can try using almond flour instead of whole almonds – dough will be finer and not as coarse. Try other MG flours to add alternative, wonderful flavors.
- Add butter and pulse till mixture is like coarse meal. With machine running pour in enough water till dough just starts to come together. *you can always mix by hand or with a hand mixer and not a food processor.
- Shape dough into a ball and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate till cold and slightly firm – no longer than 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to an 11″ round about 1/4″ thick. Cut into 3″ circles. Gather dough scraps, re-roll and re-cut remaining dough.
- Space about 1 1/2 ” apart on parchment paper on baking tray – dough does not spread much keeping the shape and size fairly uniform.
- Bake till edges are golden brown – about 30 minutes. Let cool on wire rack. Can be stored in an air-tight container at room temps for up to 5 days.
- Gift wrapped and tagged the cookies make an extra special gift!
Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
Adapted from https://www.marthastewart.com 11.18.19