Crunchy, lemony and a surprise kick of black pepper! A big hit in the Miller’s Table Cafe.
Classic Italian biscotti – not just for breakfast dunking!
- Preheat oven to 400 when ready to bake
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, pepper and salt
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, zest – start on low and increase to medium til light and fluffy
- On low speed, add the egg yolk and mix till combined
- Add flour mixture, mix on low, scrape sides, mix till incorporated
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into 12″ long logs, flatten to a long rectangle – 12x2x1.
- Wrap and chill for 1 hour
- When ready to bake, cut flattened logs into 1/4″ thick slices, place on a baking sheet equally spaced
- Bake 8 minutes, rotate and bake 6 minutes longer – or until edges are golden brown.
- Transfer to a rack to cool
Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack