A classic dessert with a Maine staple – the beautiful, delicious and nutritious wild Maine blueberry.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and butter a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, fold together the filling ingredients.
- In a food processor, add all of the topping ingredients and then pulse the processor in short 3 second bursts to combine ingredients and break up butter.
- Do this a few times, until the topping becomes crumbly – not too fine; there should be some chunkiness.
- Spread the blueberry mixture into the pan evenly.
- Spoon the topping mixture on top of the blueberries evenly.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 – 15 minutes before serving.
Try this with other fruits as well, such as peaches, raspberries, rhubarb and apples!
Adapted from Yankee Magazine Recipe.