Courtesy of Martha Stewart’s ‘Martha Bakes’ episode, February 2019, featuring our very own Amber Lambke.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in top third.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter with both sugars on medium speed till pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs – one at a time – beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed and gradually add flour mixture.
- Beat in chocolate, pecans and coconut until just combined (dough can be saved in plastic for up to 3 days in fridge at this point)
- Line baking sheet with parchment and drop dough using a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop onto sheets about 3″ apart.
- Flatten each dough ball with the palm of your hand
Bake about 16- 18 minutes, rotating the tray half way through till golden on edges.
- Transfer sheets to wire racks and let cool.
Servings: 16 cookies, Cook time: 16-18 minutes. Store in an air tight container for about 3 days.