Traditional Somali flatbread – soft inside and crispy outside – and great for sopping up sauces!
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and just enough of the warm water to form a dough.
- Add more cornmeal and flour if too sticky, or more water if too dry.
- Use dough immediately or let rest for up to one day before use (keep in bowl covered and kept in fridge).
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts, flatten with you hands to a, roughly, 4″ circle.
- In a skillet, or on a griddle, set to medium heat fry each flatbread in oil till golden on both sides – about 4-5 minutes.
Course: Breakfast, Main Dish, Side Dish, Snack