- Preheat oven to 375. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, bkg powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer on medium speed beat the brown sugar and butter in a large bowl till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and beat on medium till no dry spots are left.
- Add chocolate chips and espresso and beat till just blended.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface (use the buckwheat). Shape into 2″ wide logs x 10″ long. Chill the dough about 1 hour at least for best cutting results.
- After chilling, cut the dough crosswise into 12 even piece – they will be large.
- Place discs on the baking sheet/parchment and sprinkle with powdered sugar and a bit of salt.
- Bake – rotating tray halfway thru cooking. Cookies will crack and puff slightly when they are baked through. Cookies will firm as they cool – transfer to a wire rack when slightly cool and firm and continue to cool- about 15 minutes.
Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack