Great for dinner warm with butter or for dessert – strawberry shortcake comes to mind!
450 degree oven baked for 15 minutes or til golden brown
- Combine flours and all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add diced cold butter and mix into flour with hands to make pea sized butter bits in the flour
- Add the liquid and blend till just mixed together
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface , cut into 4 sections, flatten each section into a square, stack onto each other, flatten again, stack again
- Flatten into a square and cut into squares or rounds
- Tray of cut biscuits can be put into the freezer for 15 minutes to harden butter
- Place on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes or till lightly browned
Course: Breakfast, Main Dish, Side Dish, Snack