Farmstyle, homestyle, homemade goodness!
- Pie Crust: Combine flour, sugar, salt and starter into a medium sized bowl.
- Add butter to flour mixture and combine by pinching butter and flour together to form a coarse, crumbly mix.
- Add the cream or water and gently stir the dough together
- Once it starts to take shape it can be pressed into a greased pan or rolled out – to about 10″ – with a bit of flour. Use a cake pan (or pie plate) filling any holes or gaps with bits of dough that overlap
- Prick the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork, refrigerate dough for at least one hour. If starter was used – overnight or 8 hours is best to get all the nourishing benefits.
- Blind Bake: Quiche, or many summer pies, do best when pre- baked, about 10 minutes in a 375 degree oven, 15 if the crust is coming out of the freezer
- Quiche: In a bowl whip together the eggs, salt and cream. Gently pour into the baked crust and evenly distribute the cheese and any other fillings on top
- Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes or longer for a more browned quiche
Course: Breakfast, Main Dish, Side Dish, Snack