If you’ve never used rye flour in your cookies – this is a great way to start!
- Cream the butter and sugar, adding the vanilla and zest
- Add egg
- Sift flour and salt, add to butter mixture making sure to combine but not over mix.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap onto a dampened surface – place half of the dough on the plastic, fold plastic over the dough and form a log. Repeat with other half of dough.
- Chill dough for about 2 hours.
- When ready, preheat oven to 350 and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- Mix the sesame seeds, demerara sugar and sea salt in a flat dish large enough to hold the dough
- Roll the dough in the mix.
- Slice the dough into 1/4″ slices and place 1″ apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, rotating halfway, till golden brown.
- Makes about 24 cookies
Course: Breakfast, Dessert Side Dish, Snack