Rye animal crackers! Or make your own unique shapes. Makes about 2 dozen 3″ crackers.
- If using a food processor, add the dry ingredients, pulse a few times and then slowly add the liquids through the tube while the machine is running – till it comes together in a ball
- If mixing by hand, add the liquids to the dry ingredients and knead until well incorporated and dough is elastic – about 4-6 minutes
- The dough may feel a bit wet; let rest for 15 minutes before rolling out
- Roll out on a floured surface to a 1/8″ thickness. Use a cookie cutter to stamp shapes. Add your toppings to the shapes. This recipe works well to cut out different shapes for savory treats.
- Bake 400 degrees on an uncreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes – depending on how thick the crackers are and how crisp you like them.