So simple, so good! Use seasonal fruit if you prefer; Cat likes to mix up her flours – using a little of Maine Grains Organic CornMeal when using peaches or blueberries. See below for more options.
1-2 small apples sliced or diced to place on top and 2 tbsp turbinado sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prep a round cake pan with butter or grease
- In a medium bowl combine butter, syrup and eggs. Beat till just combined
- Add flour, baking powder, sea salt and nutmeg – stir till smooth
- Evenly spread batter into your cake pan
- Top with fruit – get creative with your fruit layout or just toss it on top
- Sprinkle with sugar, if you like
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or til golden brown
- Invite someone for tea and enjoy! Makes a great gift too!